Registration is open!!
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:30-3:00 p.m.
This presentation utilizes lecture, video, small group and a panel to explore ministries outside the box now and in the future. The panel will consist of: Rev. Mendhi Audlin, Rev. Carol Sanders, Rev. Lonnie Vanderslice, Rev Jen Hutchins and Carrie Kenyon.
The nature of our spiritual experience is transformation, yet the function of organizations is conservation and stability. No wonder “organized religion” is so challenging. Add to that, the fact that we are living through times of extraordinary change and it tells us we’re in for a wild ride.
Connecting via Social Media, Level 1: Novice
This three part seminar is a hands-on social media intensive designed in three parts for the novice, experienced, and savvy user. Jump in at the level that suits you or take all three seminars. Participants will learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, and supporting apps for social media delivery and management.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:30-5:00p.m.
This is an introduction to teaching online and what one needs to know in order to build a foundation for a course.
Exploring the Technology
- UWSI’s Learning Philosophy (Accelerated Learning Cycle)
- Learning Objectives
- Assertion Evidence PowerPoint Design
- Exploring teaching options available (Collaborate, Blackboard - Discussion Boards, Assignments,
- Quizzes, Videos, etc…
Imagine--Speaking Authentically with Power, Passion and Humor– Edwene Gaines
Speak with Power, Humor, Passion & Authenticity.
• Tips & techniques for powerhouse presentations for ministers, presenters and workshop leaders.
• Learning to generate self-confidence and excitement about your topic.
• Clarifying your message and staying on topic.
• Selecting meaningful illustrations so your behavioral objective is attained.
• Telling your own story with emotion and humor.
• Letting go of the need to look good.
• Attention-getting ways to open your talk and interest your listeners.
• Closings that empower, challenge and strengthen your audiences.
• Staying true to your highest self!
Emotional and Spiritual Maturity: Tools of deep transformation for you and your congregation Phil Smedstad
In this workshop, you'll have an opportunity to go deeper in learning how to:
• Receive the gift you want from any problem or upset in your life or ministryDeal with unresolved personal issues or "triggers"
• Use critical feedback from others as tools to lead you to more complete self-love
• Open more fully to all your emotions and not feel controlled by loud or angry behavior
• More easily hear your spiritual guidance and teach your congregation, board, and staff to do the same
• Use a certain kind of prayer to teach emotional and spiritual maturity to yourself and others
Wednesday June 13, 2018 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Have you ever wondered how you can make a positive difference in a world filled with violence and turmoil? Mahatma Gandhi has said “We must become the change we wish to see in our world.” How does this change take place? It happens one person at a time and begins within our own consciousness. This workshop offers the following practices that can make a powerful impact on our overall sense of well-being and significantly enhance the quality of our interactions with others.
Imagination the Power of Man Revs. Juliana Diaz and Sarah Sanchez
Everything you can imagine, dream, or perceive you can make it takes life; you can make it visible. The imagination is the greatest power that a person can have. The ability to imagine helps us see how we want our life to be. Imagination is the brush that thought uses to paint life on the canvas of the mind.
Imagination is the sublime art of visualization and Mental Creation which transforms a person that uses it correctly and consciously, into a skilled craftsman; a builder of thought-forms. Imagination is the perfect medium through which the divine archetypes may be manifest.
Just Imagine Making a Quantum Leap Ros Goldsbrough, LUT
Just imagine making “an explosive jump in your personal performance that puts you far beyond the next logical step.” Price Prichett
In this workshop you will discover:
• The 3 types of goals, and which one is the only one worth pursuing
• How to multiply your effectiveness with virtually no effort at all
• The underrated habit that will bring you a bigger payoff than any other
• 4 easy steps for avoiding the #1 threat to your success
Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Connecting via Social Media Level II: Experienced by Rev. Jacquie Lenati
Level II: This workshop will support those with some experience using social media and will cover: Advanced profile settings and management; Common Account Problems and Limitations; FB pages; Twitter lists; Photo management; Advanced Location & Identification (Tagging, Checking in, @, #).
(In an effort to continually learn and deepen our work in ministry, UWM will be implementing a new policy regarding Continuing Education Units for Ministers. This policy is slated for implementation in January of 1019, but we are providing workshops this year that would meet the requirements of this new policy. We invite you to attend these workshops and to give us feedback about how you see these workshops supporting you in your ministerial work.
The requirements of this policy are all ministers and those serving under special dispensation complete a minimum of 15 CEUs every three (3) years, and at least two (2) CEUs must be completed each year. IN ADDITION, ministers must also take:
• One (1) hour of UWM ethics/boundaries training each year.
• Two (2) hours of inclusivity training every other year.
Rev. Brendalyn Bachelor’s workshop, It’s Not About Sex Its About Power, will meet the ethics/boundaries training requirement of this policy.
Rev. Charline Manuel’s workshop, Inclusive Leadership, will meet the inclusivity requirement of this policy.
All the other workshops can be utilized to meet the CEU requirements.)
Inclusive Leadership for Ministry Leaders- Charline Manuel
1. This workshop is designed as an approach to understanding and addressing the need for diversity in our churches and centers along with, identifying ways to approach, develop and build a diverse and inclusive spiritual community. Through information, experiences and practical steps intended for spiritual leaders, ministry leaders, board members and lay members, participants will be guided in pathways that encourage, teach, initiate, model and celebrate diversity from biblical, spiritual, practical and intentional perspectives. Participants will leave the workshop with clear next steps for their ministry.
2. Topics include: addressing the challenges of an increasingly diverse society, what changing demographics may mean for your church, finding the potential benefits of diversity and inclusion on your board, overcoming hidden barriers of launching a diversity initiative, policies and practices that support inclusivity, weathering the difficulties that may arises in the process of increasing diversity in your ministry, the value of a commitment to inclusive leadership, and celebrating the sacred honor and positive social impact your ministry can have in your community as an inclusive church/center.
The Intersection of Values and Money – Doris Hoskins
Coherence, peace, and abundance can be ours when we are living life from our own values.
So, the million-dollar question is, WHAT ARE YOUR VALUES, and how are they impacting your relationship with money? How conscious are you when you spend money? When we assume that the way we spend money is our choice, we may be sadly mistaken.
No one ever “taught” you your values. You have always been surrounded by them. Without your conscious attention to them it is difficult to move far enough away to get a clear look at what YOU really value and how your values affect your financial life.
Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Connecting via Social Media Level III: Savvy by Rev. Jacquie Lenati
This three part seminar is a hands-on social media intensive designed in three parts for the novice, experienced, and expert user. Jump in at the level that suits you or take all three seminars. Participants will learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, and supporting apps for social media delivery and management. Level III is designed for the savvy social media user- perhaps you manage a few FB pages, comfortably push your posts across multiple social media platforms (or at least know what that means) and now you are looking to mainstream your multiple accounts and take your content to the next level. Participants are required to have a laptop, tablet, or mobile device with either a Facebook or Twitter app and account and be logged in at the beginning of the session. Embrace yourself as a spiritual being having a digital experience and learn how to connect and communicate effectively in digital spaces to build real life relationships. #UnityWorldwideMedia
It is not about sex, it is about power - Brendalyn Batchelor
Limit to ministers and spiritual leaders.
It’s also about impact not intention. And the solution is ethics, intimacy and integrity. Sexual misconduct complaints against Unity ministers, politicians and other public figures are on the rise throughout our culture. This workshop will support you in understanding what constitutes sexual harassment, how to best avoid being accused of sexual harassment, how to deal with a sexual harassment complaint against you, what to do if you or someone you know is sexually harassed, and how credentialed Unity leaders can appropriately deal with attraction to a congregant if it occurs. This course meets the annual requirement for ethics/boundary training for ministers.
Break the Food Chain, Get on the Peace Train: The Forgotten Teachings of Charles Fillmore - Carol Saunders
Many people know that Unity Co-founders Charles and Myrtle Fillmore were vegetarians. Many also know that the Unity Inn in Kansas City served only vegetarian food. Most people do not know that abstaining from eating and using the flesh of animals was a prominent teaching throughout the Fillmore’s years of ministry and that the purpose of Unity Inn was to “demonstrate that man can live, and live well, on a meatless diet.” (Unity Vegetarian Inn) In this seminar we will explore Unity’s history of ethical vegetarianism and Charles Fillmore’s teachings on how our relationship with animals directly impacts our ability to develop ourselves spiritually, express Universal Love, and achieve World Peace. We will enter into dialogue about what this means to us today. Come with an open mind and heart.