Resources for starting and restarting a thriving youth ministry
Our Youth and Family Ministry brochure provides an overview of the areas of service we provide. More resources are referenced below.
You can create a program that goes beyond Sunday school and is sustainable over the years by building a strong foundation through vision, Unity principles and sound administrative practices. The following resources will help guide you in creating a thriving youth ministry:
- Use the Youth Ministry Assessment to evaluate your program
- The Youth and Family Ministry Guide is the bible for setting up, running and growing an exciting youth program.
- Establishing safety protocols is of the utmost importance in a youth ministry program.
- See our resources for starting a Uniteen or YOU group. (Uniteens is for ages 11-13, YOU is for ages 14-18.)
- Gain an understanding of Unity Worldwide Ministries’ educational Living Curriculum philosophy.
- Sample Job Descriptions for youth ministry leaders
- The new Teen Ministry Manual offers information on the unique needs of teens.
- Unity Worldwide Ministries offers curriculum for all ages. Our curriculum page gives an overview of what is available and offers guidance in selecting curriculum.
Training and Credentialing
The best way to have a Unity-based, vibrant, safe educational environment for your children and teens is to have trained youth and family directors, teachers - and ministers.
- Certified Spiritual Educator training will boost your effectiveness and mastery in the classroom. It is the first-level of certification for those serving the youth of our Unity movement.
- National YFM Training Week is national training for Unity youth ministry teachers, leaders, sponsors and directors.
- Regional Support - Unity ministries in the United States are divided into seven regions. In each region, educational consultants support and enrich spiritual development of youth and those who serve them.
- Sign up to receive our electronic communications: Unity Leaders Journal (weekly) and The Path (bi-weekly) for resources, information and curriculum announcements.
- You can also browse youth education articles on our Unity Leaders Journal website.
- Honor your youth and family ministry teachers with a Teacher Recognition Pin!